Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fans

It's the reason why many of us write. To share our words with everyone and to have people let us know that they enjoyed what they read.

The other day I received an email from a young lady that suffers from the same illness that I had. She told me that one of her favorite entries in Diary of A Sick Chick was The 47th Street Bus. It makes me happy when other people read my work and feel themselves identify with my stories.

The 47th Street Bus is a fictional short story about a man who finds himself instantly attracted a young lady on the bus. He goes back and forth in his mind on whether he should approach her or not. Soon, they get up to get off the bus but the young lady has a cane and she moves like "her bones were made of glass".

I saw myself in that story when I was single. I didn't feel beautiful anymore. I didn't feel that others desired me, especially when they see my cane.

I thought that my love life was surely over and that men would give me pitiful looks before turning away. In the story, the man continues to admire the young lady but feels more hesitant to approach her.

Anyway, I really enjoy hearing from the fans.

Tea of The Day: Acai Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment