Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Writer's Block

You know what my writer's block is?

Google.

I think this is a universal truth for most writers. You pick a topic that you need to research so that you don't come off as a total idiot to your lovely readers but six hours later, the only thing you've accomplished was watching that video of a poodle making a rap video that went viral or sending those annoying requests to your so-call friends to help you build a zoo on Facebook.

Yeah you know exactly what I'm talking about.

I was doing some research on jails at about six this morning, but I just remembered at 230PM what I was supposed to be doing when I turned my laptop on. So far, I've googled lupus and hair loss, did a hair review on another blog, sent six text messages, argued with my twin sister, got up and made myself something to eat (which I'm proud of because on many occasions, this is a difficult task for me to complete), played with my cat (didn't last long because she became quickly annoyed), watched lupus videos on YouTube, googled the Prime Meridian since I haven't heard that term since I was in the third grade, and said happy birthday to a dear friend on Facebook.

I'm still in the final editing stages of one book and desperately trying to finish another. I have a round of tests to complete this week so I won't get another day to relax and write for some time now. My face is killing me (I also suffer from Trigeminal Neuraligia) so I'd better get this done and fast.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment