Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"Chapter Books" on Amazon

Okay.....

What exactly is a "chapter book"?  A chapter book, my friends, is a book that costs 0.99-$1.99 USD and has a length from 25-55 pages long. It's marketed as a "series". But what you're paying for in essence is just a chapter or two.

What's wrong with this?

Nothing, I suppose. But in the reviews, I've noticed that this angers a lot of readers. Especially when unknown writers tend to do this. Why should a customer pay 0.99 for a chapter and have to continue paying in order to finish the entire series? There are plenty of books out there that are equitably priced and you get the entire story in one read.

I've read some amazing "Chapter books" out there but I'm letting you know authors, you take the risk of alienating future buyers.

If you're interested in writing a series, then do so. But give your readers more than just a few chapters at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment